Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Anchor deployment

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that hatch hinged, or does it just lift out?

The reason I ask is that if you notch it and it just lifts out, you may want to consider adding hinges and a slam latch, otherwise left to right drift while at anchor may have a tendency to knock the hatch loose allowing it to fall to the deck.

Is that hatch hinged, or does it just lift out?

The reason I ask is that if you notch it and it just lifts out, you may want to consider adding hinges and a slam latch, otherwise left to right drift while at anchor may have a tendency to knock the hatch loose allowing it to fall to the deck.

Mine is hinged and has a slam latch. The rope closes on it ok; just never liked the setup.

I don't like the beating my anchor locker takes from the anchor rode and chains flying around at 50 mph in choppy water. Accordingly, I keep the stuff in other spaces....besides, I almost never use an anchor anyway. Since I plan on doing more bottom bumping this year I want a easy to store system on those days I will drop the hook. I saw this suggestion in a mag and bought the parts last weekend. I can probably get two to three hundred feet of rode around this tube and then I will stick my Fortress anchor in the center.....the bucket will sit in the cockpit on the trip to the reefs.

post-1750-1238186003_thumb.jpg

I don't like the beating my anchor locker takes from the anchor rode and chains flying around at 50 mph in choppy water. Accordingly, I keep the stuff in other spaces....besides, I almost never use an anchor anyway. Since I plan on doing more bottom bumping this year I want a easy to store system on those days I will drop the hook. I saw this suggestion in a mag and bought the parts last weekend. I can probably get two to three hundred feet of rode around this tube and then I will stick my Fortress anchor in the center.....the bucket will sit in the cockpit on the trip to the reefs.

So what are the parts?