Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

FL West Coast N. of Tampa

I know there are several members here who fish offshore from north of Tampa. I live in the Orlando area and want to learn more about west coast fishing opportunities. If any of you guys can give any advice or if you have an open spot one day I'd be interested in driving over. I have a 22' Sea Pro CC with a 200 HPDI and I don't mind hauling it over either. :1992_beer_cheer:

I fish with a good friend out of Hudson a few times a year, and the fishing is always great. Worth my trip down from Savannah, GA. We fish between 20 and 75 miles out, in 30 to 100 feet of water, mostly for grouper and snapper, but we get cobia , kings and others too. Deeper in the summer, shallower in the cool months. I don't have any specific info, other than to say that the fishing is very good to excellent in that area, and worth pursuing :605_thumbs_up: I was down there 2 weeks ago, four people fishing, we got a limit of gags and released about 50 shorts, a limit of red grouper and released about 100 shorts, a limit of snapper, plus 2 cobia. Fished 25 miles out in 35 feet of water.