Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Bad '09 Miami Boat Show

After more than 30 years of the Miami Boat Show, I've attended my last. The $8 dollar poor quality hamburgers, $5 drinks, and surrounded by smokers was the final straw. There were very few places for an old man to sit and take a breather. There were more people walking around with vendor badges than there were attendees. I will not be back!

After more than 30 years of the Miami Boat Show, I've attended my last. The $8 dollar poor quality hamburgers, $5 drinks, and surrounded by smokers was the final straw. There were very few places for an old man to sit and take a breather. There were more people walking around with vendor badges than there were attendees. I will not be back!

I enjoyed it because I'm a show veteran and know they best way to view it, there are some tricks and tips.

YES! They do need rest areas there! People were sitting on the floor.

• 3 weeks later...

It was not even a good show for the dealers. My friend knows someone that sells boats part time at the shows and he said Proline failed to even sell one boat and others did little better. As for me my opinion is for what dealers and boat companies have to pay to be there it would be better if they did not attend a show because by the time they are done its a fifty thousand dollar expense. I would rather see prices lowered that trudge all the way to the show and put up with the crowds, the overpriced garbage food and the crazy parking, not to mention seeing all the sky high prices for boats.

It was not even a good show for the dealers. My friend knows someone that sells boats part time at the shows and he said Proline failed to even sell one boat and others did little better. As for me my opinion is for what dealers and boat companies have to pay to be there it would be better if they did not attend a show because by the time they are done its a fifty thousand dollar expense. I would rather see prices lowered that trudge all the way to the show and put up with the crowds, the overpriced garbage food and the crazy parking, not to mention seeing all the sky high prices for boats.

Seriously one boat. Are you maybe a dusty critter? :504_shrugging: