Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Tab Man.......I need some assistance.

Hey Tom,

I lost one trim tab at some point within the last two weeks. I need to buy just one tab assembly, the system and rams are in tact. I have the dual ram sport tabs, the ones that are 16" long and 12" wide. (ST16)

I will be hauling the boat today and then I can get an exact measurement.

How can I get one tab? I know they are sold in pairs and I remember paying about 400 bucks for this pair of tabs...just the tabs not including the system.

I'm local and can pick it up or I can pay with CC or paypal and you can ship...whever.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by ScarabChris

Went ahead and just called Bennett for info. They told me they don't sell directly to the public and that I would have to buy it through one of their distributors. So the gentleman gave me the part number for the single tab assembly.

Sinse West Marine is one of their biggest dealers I just ordered it from the local store. I wasn't shocked at the price of $189.00 sinse I paid around 400 bucks for the pair about 5 years ago.

I should have it within a few days.

It happens from time to time. I lost one of the original tabs about 5 years ago, thats when I upgraded to the larger ones I have now.

I guess the screws can vibrate lose, that in combination with the increased drag from the barnicles on the bottom of them can do it. I also could have hit something while cruising. To tell you the truth I was shocked to see it missing. I haven't really gotten into it yet to determine exactly what happened.