Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Pursuit Engine Hatch Won't Lift

jimw

If there are any Pursuit owners out there, maybe you can help. I have a 2004 Pursuit 3100 Offshore. I went down to the boat this evening to raise the engine hatch and when I pressed the switch on keypad, the little light lit up but nothing happened. If I push the down button on the same key pad (it is under the gunnel on the starboard side) I can hear the actuators running to pull the hatch down (even though the hatch is already down). I guess that indicates the down part is working. My question is, does anyone know of a way to bypass the key pad switch and relays to get the hatch up? Can the hatch be lifted manually?

All the switched in the boat are digitally controlled. The push buttons on the key pads, when pressed, send a signal to the Power Management Equipment Module(s) which in turn close the particular relay that powers on the device your are turning on. It is a pretty neat system but leaves lacks any fail safe features.

How about the older models with just the rocker switch. Do they present the same problem? Where are the relays?

Dry

01 Pursuit Express 3000

I can only state what I've seen with this particular boat, which I believe is a 2004 (not sure). The relays are waaaay over to starboard near the aft bulkhead of the engine room. He couldn't get the hatch to lift and asked me to crawl over the back end of the engine and manually short the relays to open the large hatch. I'm a small guy but it was still a massive contortion act. He has worked closely with Pursuit to resolve the issue, installing a replacement keypad.