Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lets Rehab A Boat

If you ever want to do it now would be the time if you have cash in hand. Im finishing up my second build. 1st one was a 1970 trojan marlin center console lost my ass ended up parting as much of it out as I could. definatly over spent & over built. Im just finishing a 2001 18' custom cat Ill end up being under 5000.00 completed & it's fully loaded. After I sell my extra parts & parts from design changes ill end up closer to 3000.00. Most of the parts came off craigs list or the forum boards new or were reused from the trojan.

when I picked it up

010204011609010401200809126373ea35a.jpg

almost finished

Pictureswebsite076.jpg

Edited by aitkenkingfish

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Trojan had been sunk, & Needed everything so I would figure on mechanical & electric full replacement anything hydraulic should be fine steering trimtabs should be fine.cost is totaly dependent on your choices for the build but twins if go used around 5000.00 for a set of motors if you shop around another 5000.00 for the rest of the rigging on a boat that size. Include used electronics in the 5000.000 so 10000.00 or less plus the cost of the hull

Don't know what/any props on Zuks, but when I repowerd I had to change props and longer control cables. @$1000.00

Still have old props for sale.

The seller states that he has two sets of props, gauges and everything. I can assume he has the cables as well. Just in case, who can find some cables for this project? Maybe used? Or will the existing ones be serviceable with some cleaning and lube?

We still need electronics. Lets see what we can find out there in the way of used but newer FF, GPS or combo packages.

So far the tally is holding at:

Cost of boat $2500.00

So far we have a pair of pre-loved Zukes with gauges and controls $18,000.00

Sell the lower units for $500 per -$1000.00

Scored one fishing net $0.00

New Transom $4000.00

Total investment so far $23,500.00

This could get us started with electronics.

Furuno NavNet vx2 C-Map NT+ system (7" - 24nm), + some C-Map card chips

SOLD HEADUNIT (Furuno RDP-131 7" display (1722CNT), with mounting bracket/knobs and two screen covers)

AVAILABLE COMPONENTS ($700 takes them):

Furuno RMC-100 remote control for display

Furuno RSB-110 18" 2.2kw 24nm radome with Pro-Mounts PMDPT-F5M 5" Deluxe ProTower mount w/Masthead Light (mount is coated white)

Furuno GP-310B black box GPS antenna

This could get us started with electronics.

Furuno NavNet vx2 C-Map NT+ system (7" - 24nm), + some C-Map card chips

SOLD HEADUNIT (Furuno RDP-131 7" display (1722CNT), with mounting bracket/knobs and two screen covers)

AVAILABLE COMPONENTS ($700 takes them):

Furuno RMC-100 remote control for display

Furuno RSB-110 18" 2.2kw 24nm radome with Pro-Mounts PMDPT-F5M 5" Deluxe ProTower mount w/Masthead Light (mount is coated white)

Furuno GP-310B black box GPS antenna

Alrighthythen. Now we are talking.

So if I read that right, $700.00 gets us the VX2 system plus extra chips?

Did it include all of the stuff listed under teh Available components line?

THaT's the way I read it But we might keep looking before we buy.

Thats a lot for $700.00 but we can list it if no one else objects. If someone chimes in to say it is wrong, we will pull it off the list. But we are looking for bargains here so let's roll with it for now.

Cost of boat $2500.00

So far we have a pair of pre-loved Zukes with gauges and controls $18,000.00

Sell the lower units for $500 per -$1000.00

Scored one fishing net $0.00

New Transom $4000.00

Furuno NavNet vx2 C-Map NT+ system (7" - 24nm) $700.00

Total investment so far $24,200.00

What else do we have out there that we should be adding?

Keep in mind guys, if you have something for sale, while this is not a for sale forum, chime in and can use it an the price for our project.

Do we already have a trailer for this Boat?

Are we building a CC with a Top ?

What about batteries and wiring ?

yep. it is a CC and has a top. Top looks to be in OK shape so I think we can reuse it. But wiring and batteries are definitly in order. A trailer might be usefull as well.

whatcha got?

As a reminder of what we are working on, check out the first post of this thread. there is a link there that has a full description with pictures