Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

10/11 Offshore Tampa area

Left out of Fort Desoto ramp around 7:15ish for the first fishing trip on my new ride. Bait was very tough to catch only resulting in 4 Mondo sized Blue Runners in an hour or so.

Decided we had enough(or I did anyway timewise) so we pushed on to the Mexican Pride. Saw one giant Cuda eat one of our giant Hardtails and no other action on our boat or any others after a few drifts. Headed on to a Spring a little past the Pride and marked nothing and no bites in 2 drifts so we moved to the Pipeline in about 110'. Caught several nice sized Mangroves(6-8#) and some Yellowtails around 3# for the box and several more Red Snapper to about 10# to be released. Also had 3 Nurse Sharks about 6-7' long released at the boat and got our asses handed to us by a few other mysteries of the deep.

I didn't take many pics b/c all I have is my phone. Will post tomorrow....

• 8 months later...

Left out of Fort Desoto ramp around 7:15ish for the first fishing trip on my new ride. Bait was very tough to catch only resulting in 4 Mondo sized Blue Runners in an hour or so.

Decided we had enough(or I did anyway timewise) so we pushed on to the Mexican Pride. Saw one giant Cuda eat one of our giant Hardtails and no other action on our boat or any others after a few drifts. Headed on to a Spring a little past the Pride and marked nothing and no bites in 2 drifts so we moved to the Pipeline in about 110'. Caught several nice sized Mangroves(6-8#) and some Yellowtails around 3# for the box and several more Red Snapper to about 10# to be released. Also had 3 Nurse Sharks about 6-7' long released at the boat and got our asses handed to us by a few other mysteries of the deep.

I didn't take many pics b/c all I have is my phone. Will post tomorrow....

Hey bud, it's Mexican Pride one of the "blue holes" in the Gulf? I have a Sportsman magazine that has all the coordinates of at least 8 blue holes in the Gulf, the problem is that some are Loran coordinates and i use a GPSMAP plotter, don't know how to convert them. I was making plans to go to one called Swiss Cheese, some of these holes are up to 180 feet deep.

on your posting, sounds like you guys had a good day.

good luck

Nelson

Bradenton