Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Nautica Marine georgetown, SC-- GW dealer closed

not sure when they closed up shop.. but just took a drive on a day trip down to Charleston this past Thursday and they looked like they were closed up... went to their website.. they sure are... they were part of the Crocker Marine Wilmington NC GW dealership group along with Morehead Marine

anyone know when they closed .. guess their high prices got them in this economy......curious

Don't know why they closed but I wonder if some day we'll see the trend where dealers either share inventory or simply have small shops as a go between for one mega dealership? Sure would make the Boat Shows more exciting!

Both Crocker Marine and Morehead Marine will be closing the end of October.

I went through Georgetown on Labor Day weekend, and they were closed then. I was very surprised to see them gone; they've been around a while.

In other news, Hanckel Marine on Daniel Island closed up last week. I heard they auctioned off a lot of their inventory a few weeks prior. Don't know if the West Ashley location is still open.

I have heard conflicting info about Hanckel. One story is that they are closing their Daniel Island facility for the Winter with plans to reopen in the Spring. The other is that it is closed for good. Not sure which story is true but, the West Ashley store is supposed to stay open.