Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

USCG Potomac

Geepers! You'd think the USCG would be using scramblers by now. I have it on my boat...

I understand what people are saying against CNN but I weight the matter in their favor. They weren't in the loop on the drill so they had to go with what they actually knew which is a transmission on an official USCG frequency. Heck, even the FBI and FAA responded after CNN called them about it so I wonder who was in the loop?

Edited by Kamper

What bothers me is they are running these "drills" on 9/11. I just don't understand why they would be doing the drill there in DC on this date.

If you are on guard duty every day of the year why would you think 9/11 would be so special? The last attack on the World trade center was 8 years ago and maybe the coasties running the drill weren't even in the CG back then. Since the first World Trade Center attack was February 26, 1993 why would we think they'd attack again on Sept 11th? They didn't have a trend on dates. Are we more viligant on February 26?

I've been in Pearl Harbor on December 7th on a week day. Pretty much the same except for the memorial service at the Arizona. Of course they watch the radar screens a little closer, but they didn't always do that. Back when they had F-106s on duty they made intersepts but were focused on straight in one bommer attack. But that is off target.

OK, I see y'alls point. But I'm not 100% convinced.