Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

trophy sea swirl proline aquasport which one

I'm not writing this to disagree here but just to add my .02 on the subject.

No problem, that's what discussions are for :1992_beer_cheer:

Perhaps I'm wrong about the wire. But when I was changing out my wash down and live well pumps the wire did not look tinned.

No, you're not wrong. I've inspected quite a few of them.

I did my homework and made a list of potential boats. We spent several weekends going around and looking and doing sea trials. At the end this boat won. The layout is perfect for what we wanted.

In the end, that's how boats are usually chosen. It fits your needs, fits your family, fits your budget, the wife likes the head and the color of the cushions. As long as it's not in a dangerous condition and you don't mistake it for an offshore boat, you'll get years of enjoyment out of her. We must also hope the previous owner didn't mistake it for an offshore boat, and over stress the hull at some point in time.

I was commenting from a purely technical aspect, and probably only a marine surveyor judges boats purely in a techniclal manner. If the boat is used I would recommend a survey. If you buy a boat with a rotten transom, separated stringers, or delaminated hull, it will cost thousands in repairs.

Perhaps I'm wrong about the wire. But when I was changing out my wash down and live well pumps the wire did not look tinned.

in this case, what you very likely encountered was the wiring from the pump rather than the boats harness. Most of the bilge pumps & bait tank pumps I have installed have come with a short lead of wire off of them, and more times than not this wire is not true marine wire.

A year ago I would have agreed. After putting a season on my four stroke I'm not sure. It's hard to beat the low-mid range of a two stroke when your making a long cruise to the fishing spots and trolling. I'm in the market for a new boat soon and more than likely it will have ETEC's or HPDI's on it.

I'm biased..I'm an old car guy. Oil changes, plugs, impellers, valve lash adfjustments are right down my alley. My twin F115's together give me about 2.8 mpg running at 28 knts. They are thrifty and I can do anything I need to maintain them. I used these forums to decide they were what I wanted. They are not for everyone.....

Maintenance is not a issue for me. I think the biggest problem I'm having is that the big four stroke I have is not right for my boat. I'm shopping for a new one right now and will pick the best power for the particular boat I end up with.

I'm biased..I'm an old car guy. Oil changes, plugs, impellers, valve lash adfjustments are right down my alley. My twin F115's together give me about 2.8 mpg running at 28 knts. They are thrifty and I can do anything I need to maintain them. I used these forums to decide they were what I wanted. They are not for everyone.....

The Answer is,,, You should SEA TRIAL the boats on your pick list , and the answer will be much clearer to you.. Our opinions will help ,, but its YOUR opinion the counts,, only a few things can be determined when its sitting on a trailer, or in a showroom,, Sea Trial is the key to your happiness.