Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Need Some Advice

Be careful with augers and electric powered snakes they have been know to put a hurtin on some arms and wrist.

Could always call Roto-Router or a plumber.

I have a 13"x17"x20' corrugated pipe under my driveway and the bottom rotted out and I had the county replace it.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

The corragated pipe is to soft to put an auger down or a sewer machine with any kind of head on it. You will tear up or tear through the pipe on the inside and make your situation worse. Flushing out with a water hose or calling a plumber with a jet machine will work the best. Your pipe is probably full of tree and grass roots and even jetting it will only be a temporary fix. It's going to be tough work and it may be easier to replace it.

Just my 2cents.

I guess I should have asked first.....you are talking about the black plastic pipe, correct?

Edited by ReelPlumber

Hotspot, that pipe is corragated on the inside too, everything will get hung up in there that makes it through your gutters. Leaves, pine straw, acorns or whatever get hung up in the groves and then keeps building up. It's best to use pipe with a hard smooth innerwall like the one shown above and then the debris will be less likely to get hung up. They make a root killer you can try but it may harm your grass and trees.

If you think it might be collasped you can have a plumbing company run a camera down it and see if that is the case. I'm not sure what they charge up there but here its about $300.00.

Good Luck