Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

pennzoil xlf

has anyone used pennzoil xlf tcw-3, did any problems occur? my oil alarm went off at high speed and when i got back i opened up my engine resevoir and it wasnt to the top, i filled it up but didnt take it out yet, I was wondering if the pennzoil xlf is thicker and cause my problem, at low rpms the oil alarm didnt go off but when i revved it up to over 3000 rpms if would got off and on

p.s. im a knew member here and as you can see i own a 1978 wellcraft steplift, the name kinda gave it away, great site looking forward to making knew friends

has anyone used pennzoil xlf tcw-3, did any problems occur? my oil alarm went off at high speed and when i got back i opened up my engine resevoir and it wasnt to the top, i filled it up but didnt take it out yet, I was wondering if the pennzoil xlf is thicker and cause my problem, at low rpms the oil alarm didnt go off but when i revved it up to over 3000 rpms if would got off and on

p.s. im a knew member here and as you can see i own a 1978 wellcraft steplift, the name kinda gave it away, great site looking forward to making knew friends

Welcome, steplift, glad to have you aboard! TCW3 is tcw3..no brand should have an affect on your motor alarm. I had used that oil for a while before selling my 2 stroke 150 Yamaha and never had an issue.

You could have stirred up some gunk in your oil tank that has now blocked the strainer at the bottom. These things usually ocdur when filling or moving the tank around. Not sure what motor you have, but I would now drain and clean the oil tank. Also follow the purge instructions in your manual. Make sure there is no air in the line and try running it again. Those strainer filter can be replaced instead of cleaning as well....

:1992_beer_cheer:

Welcome, steplift, glad to have you aboard! TCW3 is tcw3..no brand should have an affect on your motor alarm. I had used that oil for a while before selling my 2 stroke 150 Yamaha and never had an issue.

You could have stirred up some gunk in your oil tank that has now blocked the strainer at the bottom. These things usually ocdur when filling or moving the tank around. Not sure what motor you have, but I would now drain and clean the oil tank. Also follow the purge instructions in your manual. Make sure there is no air in the line and try running it again. Those strainer filter can be replaced instead of cleaning as well....

thanks for the feed back, thats what im going to do when i get down to my boat, clean the strainer, ill let you know how i make out