Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

trophy boats

whats the general opinion on trophy boats found a 99 walkaround great cond. anything to look for is there any wood in a 99 how is the quality? thanks

Had a '97 Trophy 2002 for 10 years. It was a great boat never had a quality issue with it and it was very seaworth. I fished the Delaware bay with it for 5 years many times at night. Delaware bay has a very short, sharp chop that really gives a boat a pounding and she was as solid when I traded it in a the day I bought it. Even the original Force outboard held up pretty good. I eventually upgraded to a Suzuki 4 stroke.

I only traded it because I wanted a bigger boat. Now that I'm retired I miss the versatility and economy of that little 20 foot walkaround.

Jim

the trophy is 20 ft walkaround 1999 seems to in good shape you say no wood stringers how about the transom? any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated want to really check out boat this weekend any thing else to look for? i wouldnt be this concerned ive been told theses boats are so much different than the old bayliner rep but its hard to forget and i do really like the style of these boats and my family will be on it any thoughts will be greatly appreciated

the trophy is 20 ft walkaround 1999 seems to in good shape you say no wood stringers how about the transom? any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated want to really check out boat this weekend any thing else to look for? i wouldnt be this concerned ive been told theses boats are so much different than the old bayliner rep but its hard to forget and i do really like the style of these boats and my family will be on it any thoughts will be greatly appreciated

I believe the trans formation and changes in quality happened after Brunwick took over the Trophy line in 2000. thats what I was told when I bought mine new in 2004. The only problems I've had is replaced my livewell pump and the lettering on my dash wore completely off, thats pretty darn good for a 5 yr old boat, Oh I forgot I had to replace my horn too.

• 2 weeks later...
Waterman,, how did the Seatrial go on the boat your interested in ? :unsure:

Well if you can believe this the owner had no pics to send over and told me it was a 20 ft walkaround i drove an hour to his dock just to find an 18ft boat, the boat was clean but to small, my family will grow out of it way too fast. Its hard to find something good out there theres always a story Ill keep lookin though