Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

38 Tiara vs 38 Rampage

I have narrowed down my boat search and need some inside knowledge from the many experts on this forum. I sea trialed the Tiara and loved it; the ride, fit and finish and overall quality were impressive. I fish 60% and cruise 40% - fishing is trolling offshore in SC. My only concern is the boat is not fish rigged as well as the Rampage of the same size. I have not sea trialed the rampage and would welcome comments on the ride quality and the overall reliability of the boat. The engines I have looked at are the Cummins 480's, some come with Cats.

thanks for the help

I have narrowed down my boat search and need some inside knowledge from the many experts on this forum. I sea trialed the Tiara and loved it; the ride, fit and finish and overall quality were impressive. I fish 60% and cruise 40% - fishing is trolling offshore in SC. My only concern is the boat is not fish rigged as well as the Rampage of the same size. I have not sea trialed the rampage and would welcome comments on the ride quality and the overall reliability of the boat. The engines I have looked at are the Cummins 480's, some come with Cats.

thanks for the help

I have, co-own a 38 Rampage, Just got back from a sharking trip off Block Island, RI.

Great boat, great fit and finish, no problems for 3 years. Does pound a bit but can handle anything you throw at it. Grweat waranty program. Had a bit of work done at the factory....no questions asked, fixed problem to good as new!

The boat raises fish also, have done real well offshore for tuna and shark. Let me know if you have any more questions about the Rampage. I have no experience with Tiara, just know they aren't as ready rigged as the Rampage.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...