Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Garmin GSD22 Sounder

I'm returning a refurbished unit for the same problem the original new unit had. Unit powered up once, then nothing. Reading 12V ok on power cable. Has anybody else had this problem? This is not what I expected from a company as Garmin. Instead of sending me a new unit, they send me a "sub assembly" refurb. Not what I expected.

Any feedback appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Never had a problem with mine and it was under water for 6 hours one time.

What gps are you using it with? They had a new software update for the 22

come out very recently. You can download it on a card and install it

Used with Garmin 4208 GPS. Garmin is sending me a NIB GSD22 overnight. Will receive tomorrow. You have to fight for your consumer rights. I demanded a NIB unit but they never disclosed they were out of the new ones and back ordered. So they send me somebody else's problems. If you don't keep these mfg's ass to the fire, they walk all over consumers.

ARE YOU LISTENING GARMIN????????

Used with Garmin 4208 GPS. Garmin is sending me a NIB GSD22 overnight. Will receive tomorrow. You have to fight for your consumer rights. I demanded a NIB unit but they never disclosed they were out of the new ones and back ordered. So they send me somebody else's problems. If you don't keep these mfg's ass to the fire, they walk all over consumers.

ARE YOU LISTENING GARMIN????????

Got a NIB unit. Dialed it in...........FABULOUS