Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Who makes a Great Sabiki Rod?

On my third rod this season. Three different brands, sorry don't have them in front of me, however, there has not been one that performed well. Seriously considering just keepin an older rod and Penn 650ss set up on board with a Sabiki. Even if I catch enough bait and end up throwing away a $2 sabiki from walmart so hooks are"nt in way it would take a year or so til I threw away enough sabiki's to justify the price of another Sabiki rod. Also, will have the extra rod on board for casting to breaking fish. Finally, you know, if you loose the end of the line in those sabiki rods, precious minutes are lost recovering bait. As you can tell, not a big fan of them after three years.

Be safe

Get a pool noodle and cut i open, lengthwise. When you put your sibiki rig back on the rod, wrap the pool noodle around it. Use a rubber band or two to keep it from popping open.

When you're done with the Sibiki, wrap it around a 6" long piece of noodle, and dig the hooks into the noodle.