Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

vs. vs. vs. thread

Am I too late for the first etec vs. yam vs. merc thread?

Was just down to SC (burr!) for a long golf weekend with the guys and caught the new etec infomercial. Some chilly mornings las Thur thru Sunday down in Pawleys Isalnd.

Looks and sounds as impressive as ever, the etec.

Well, have at it boys.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You left out Suzuki, the best outboard on the market today. ;)

My E-tec will sink your Suzi underwater any day of the week.... :1143_neener_neener_neener::2261_high::2261_high:

Kidding aside... it seems that some "toxic ASSESts" from THaT other site, didn't transferred in here.... thats awesome... hope to be able to exchange some good educated discussions on engines brands in the future... :605_thumbs_up::605_thumbs_up:

My E-tec will sink your Suzi underwater any day of the week.... :1143_neener_neener_neener::2261_high::2261_high:

Kidding aside... it seems that some "toxic ASSESts" from THaT other site, didn't transferred in here.... thats awesome... hope to be able to exchange some good educated discussions on engines brands in the future... :605_thumbs_up::605_thumbs_up:

I agree. :605_thumbs_up:

And I already knew those Etecs could sink my Suzuki. Once you part them out, they make great anchors. :1143_neener_neener_neener:

:D

I generally avoid any thread with "vs." in the subject as

they usually turn into MAJOR pissing contests, but I'll

make an exception...Blonds vs. Brunettes...which has

higher perfomance and lowest maintanence????

As much as those vs threads go bad I do often use Google to search "vs" if I'm researching software etc. This way I can find who the alternatives are then make up my own mind.

On boating forums it tends to turn into "I paid a ton of money for my product so I'm going to always say it's better than yours".

The real reason those engine threads get so out of control is because you have a few close minded people that come in and do nothing but talk crap about one brand. We know who those few people over there are.

What these few knuckle heads can't grasp is that there is an engine to suite the needs of every boat and boater and no one engine fits every bill. But because the guy that hates a cirtain engine brand sees that an out of business magazine did a test years ago where one engine came in last he thinks its law and anyone that bought said engine can't possibly be happy with it.

Then....when the owner of said engine posts his actual experience and results with the engine he is called a liar and a cultist. If everyone just sat back and compared notes from their ACTUAL experience instead of 5 year old he said she said nonsense there would be progress instead of multiple pages of "my Ford is better than your Chevy" and "my dad can beat up your dad" crap.

The real reason those engine threads get so out of control is because you have a few close minded people that come in and do nothing but talk crap about one brand. We know who those few people over there are.

What these few knuckle heads can't grasp is that there is an engine to suite the needs of every boat and boater and no one engine fits every bill. But because the guy that hates a cirtain engine brand sees that an out of business magazine did a test years ago where one engine came in last he thinks its law and anyone that bought said engine can't possibly be happy with it.

Then....when the owner of said engine posts his actual experience and results with the engine he is called a liar and a cultist. If everyone just sat back and compared notes from their ACTUAL experience instead of 5 year old he said she said nonsense there would be progress instead of multiple pages of "my Ford is better than your Chevy" and "my dad can beat up your dad" crap.

I'm afraid that if we keep mentioning "him"... he will show up.... let's not jinxs ourselves and this forum..... :605_thumbs_up: