Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Outriggers which ones?

Looking to add outriggers to my 24 Sea Hunt it has the plates in the t-top for them to mount to. I think they are the Taco plates but from my research so far i think the Lees, Rupp or Taco mounts will fit the hole pattern. Which brand are you using and thoughts on them. I would assume i will get the 15' poles. I have heard of problems with flex in the telescopic poles so opinions on this also.

Thanks

You are right, I have the telescoping Tacos and they are very flexible. So much so that I need to use the halyards to tie them to the stern cleats when I am running. However, for me the convenience of having the telescoping riggers outweighs the modest inconvenience of securing them before running.

Which mounts do you have for them? I was also concerned about the black knob on the grand slam 270s will it stay where you set it or does it come loose?

Thanks for any info

I have the sport slams and they were replaced with the new design under warranty (2 years). I also have the telescoping poles.

IMG_0826.jpg

Edited by Kingair

I don't know what model they are, but they have the black knob to adjust the angle of the riggers, a silver "ball" you bull to remove the rigger, and a black handle under the top that you pull down and swing out (which works very well). I ran the boat 300 miles in some unfavorable conditions with the riggers extended and the knobs stayed where I set them. They have spring loaded ball detents to keep things in place.