Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Yacht Load On Ship

She already sail, Wiley? It's not showing on the AIS website. Did they load all 3 of those yachts off her port side?

But I see you also have two ships in port that I'm familiar with -

USAV Brandy Station - This is one of the support ships that is used in conjunction with Shuttle launches up around Cape Canaveral; wonder what she's doing down your way ? :471_confused_face:

USNS Comfort - This Navy hospital ship is homebased in my old stomping grounds - Baltimore. She has served admirably in many major situations, such as 9-11 in New York harbor, the New Orleans area after Katrina, as well as many military operations, such as service in the Persian Gulf. Her original name was SS Rose City, an oil tanker built in 1976. She was turned over to the Navy in 1987 and converted to a fully-equipped marine hospital.

They are still loading on yachts to the ship! Been non-stop

I've attached some pix of the others. The Brandy Station is here for almost all of August. Not sure why.

Thanks for all the info! I'll pass it on to those on the InletCam chat room!

1st picture: USAV Brandy Station

2nd Picture: USNS Comfort

post-1-1248736718_thumb.jpg

post-1-1248736725_thumb.jpg