Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Speaking of Beer

Who knows the actual rule about alchohol on the boat?

I rarely drink and never while driving, riding or boating(till back at the dock)but have friends and family on the boat that do. What are the real rules for open containers out on the boat?

Am I in trouble if I have not had a drink but get stopped with a fish box full of beer and a couple friends that have been drinking?

It probably varies but I boat in NJ.

The laws may vary from state to state or county to county. But here in South FL you can drink while driving your boat but you can't be "over the legal limit"

I pass by the police with a beer in my hand all the time, I even drink right in front of them when I get stopped for a random check.

I think for the most part they know you're drinking and probably over the "legal" limit but they can tell if you are to drunk by the way you act. When you're sober you can spot a drunk very easy.