Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

You can't say "Reelboating.com"!

I recently was referencing a post from reel boating in a FS Forum thread and discovered that if you type in "Reelboating.com" the post will automaically read ".com". I was just trying to point a fellow boater to some information regarding his question that I thought would be helpful. Wiley sure must have PO'd a lot people :rolleyes:

I don't understand their forum. Many sites are filtered yet their members have ads and links to their businesses all over the place.

Must be something that carried over from THT. They got upset once when I actually helped them out the time their forum went down for a few days.

I'm not to concerned however, look at the great start ReelBoating has gotten WITHOUT their help! Imagine this time next year!

:rb-rules:

FS is nothing like what it use to be. I'm member #15 of the current software and member #5 of their previous software, before the server fire. I was also a member of their BBS system WAY back in the "day" circa 1999ish.

There was a trend back then to e protective of your site and what was posted. I personally feel this is no longer needed. I can't tell you how many times I look in my Google Analytics and see links to my site from other forums. I have no problem allowing folks to link to other forums as long as it's relevant to the topic at hand. I do kill the spam kitties who post their World of War Crap stuff or pron...

I recently ran into the same problem as you on FS. I had a post referencing something on my site and poof, it went went away. The mod came back with their lame excuses. I pointed out how much longer I had been on the site and that I was part of the group the drafted the original rules. Guess they don't respect us old timers like the nubiees too.

FS has really gone down hill IMHO. The core group that made the site what is was has left due to all the stupid stuff that's going on over there. Just how many Contender vs Yellow Fin posts can one mind endure! FS is on the verge of complete irrelevance if they don't improve things over there. Which is a shame, I use to make it my virtual home. But the neighborhood has changed and I moved out.

Wiley has a rocking site here and it's proof positive that the personality behind the site can make or break it's relevance. Keep up the great work!

Cheers

Capt. Jan

Thanks Jan.

None of the big forums are gonna give Wiley any break! :lol:

I'll get zapped by just showing up.

I do however challenge all the other boating forums to prune members from their list who haven't logged on to their sites in 2 years.

Sites with 100,000 "members" would fall to about 45,000

I've learned over the years that once a forum gets a good core of about 15,000 registered members they should begin to feel secure with who they are and not worry about their peers.

• 2 weeks later...