Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

SCSSA Wahoo tournament

Slow....slow

Fished in 140' waiting for a very large storm to get off the ledge and went through 2 packs of ballyhoo in about 1.5 hours....all cudas and one 9lb dolphin.

Finally made it to the ledge and a little beyond. Caught a nice sailfish...

had one cut off from a wahoo in about 280'

with one hour left, decided to put some big lures out.....some 10-12" plungers, jets and troll at about 10 knots........

flat line clip pops...I drop lure back and another sail tried to inhale a 12" lure. That was a first for me.

Picked lines up at 3 and travelled through a bunch of sailfish.

Buddy fishing said he was on the bow of boat tossing ballyhoo to about 6 sailfish but they didn't want what he was offering. I heard another boat had 6 releases...several other boats with some releases, also. Lots of sailfish out.

Hopefully have pics soon.