Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Jokas wild out of Biloxi

Going on a trip in October with a friend and his group.

Any one familiar with the areas the Jokas Wild fishes?

www.jokaswild.com

What should I bring? Any bigger species of fish for me to get into, besides shark?

Here are a few guys that live around there

Jason bluffman2@yahoo.com ask Stephen tell him I sent you and the same for Redweiser ask him shoot him a PM

Mainly fishing the Chandeleur Island chain for Speckled Trout and Redfish. The few times I have been out there we have run into Jack Crevalle, Sharks, and a couple of Tarpon butit has been a long time since I have been out there.

I believe some of the "mother ship" operations will allow you to bring your own boat and use the mother ship as a base for Rig Hopping the oil and gas rigs offshore and that will put you in striking distance for Snapper, Cobia, Kings and possibly Tuna, Wahoo and other blue water species depending on how far down south you are along the chain of islands BUT the main emphasis is wading or fishingout of skiffs for Trout and Reds.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info :-) I'll bring a heavy rod, just in case there is some tarpon or maybe just for tangling with nasty sharks, but stick mostly to chasing reds and such.

Any advice on lure and gear selection for a trip like this?

I wouldn't focus on trying to catch tarpon. They are few and far between out there compared to Florida. Bring a decent trout rod. Most of the trout we catch out there are over 3 pounds. A basic Cocahoe on a red jig head is a good bait for Chandeleur. Pulling cocahoes under a popping cork has been working better for me out there lately, but that depends on the depth and time of day you are fishing.