Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat budget up to $75K what to get?**PICS ADDED GOT A BOAT**

Chet it is very funny to read your post. I have the same boat Grady222 and we have a 6 month old little boy. Now of course I'm on the site looking around at other boats same as you. I really like the Pursuit denali's but I doubt I will sell the Grady. I really love the fishability of the boat and have been having my boy nap on the bow cushion under this sunshade thing, it works but not the best. Please keep me posted on your hunt, my family will be following you as we are in the same boat haha

Just put a 2002 Grady WHite 300 Marlin under contract. She has a gen set, auto pilot, tri axle trailer, radar, and 4 stroke Yamaha power. Going to get her Thursday if she checks out. Motors have 600 hrs on them. :1992_beer_cheer:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have owned a 23' Sea Ray Cuddy and now own a 22' Edgewater CC. The cuddy's get way too hot to use in the sun, so they wind up being a storage area unless you go big and get AC. The CC's are great for 2 people - everyone else has to stand for shade and gets grumpy after awhile. The bow seating also rides really rough. My next boat will be a 22' dual console laid out like the Grady White. I saw one at a boat show in Stuart last year that had a huge bimini extending from the windshield all the way back to the transom. Lots of shade, plenty of space, and room for an emergency head, all in a trailerable size and at your price point. I'm not sure if it can be rigged with twins, though. Would you settle for a single 250 and a kicker?

This one fits the bill. But, she might be sold this weekend

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale/231...-beautiful.html

Just my opinion. Everyone I know that doesn't overnight with a walkaround wishes they had a cc. Sea sick, hot, humid, cramped, no 360 fishability, lack of deck space, lack of in deck storage, no breeze. If you don't sleep on it you do not need a w/a. Heck you could mount a bimini top and throw a kingsize blowup matress on the bow of a 34' CC for naps

I have to agree with Propbender if you plan to use the boat mostly for fishing. I bought a small cabin boat years ago when my girls were young thinking the same as you that they would use the cabin to nap and get out of the sun. Same problem as Props, seasick, hot, cramped and that was on the three or four times a year they went. The rest of the time I was stuck with something I really didn't want. Of course the cabin did help me sell the wife that we needed a boat. The next boat I bought was a center console that I added an oversized spray hood to the front that had a window that could be opened for air, and that worked out much better for everybody. I would seriously look at that Fountain. It's a heck of a deal. Good luck on your search, that's half the fun of boating. :)

I have to agree with Propbender if you plan to use the boat mostly for fishing. I bought a small cabin boat years ago when my girls were young thinking the same as you that they would use the cabin to nap and get out of the sun. Same problem as Props, seasick, hot, cramped and that was on the three or four times a year they went. The rest of the time I was stuck with something I really didn't want. Of course the cabin did help me sell the wife that we needed a boat. The next boat I bought was a center console that I added an oversized spray hood to the front that had a window that could be opened for air, and that worked out much better for everybody. I would seriously look at that Fountain. It's a heck of a deal. Good luck on your search, that's half the fun of boating. :)

Bought the 2002 Grady White 300 Marlin Wed. Boat is in great condition. Lots of room with the 10'7" Beam and 30' length. The gen set and ac option should help keep the cabin cool. Fished her yesterday with 6 guys and had plenty of room. :1992_beer_cheer: Pics to come. Thanks guys for your input and advice. :605_thumbs_up:

Bought the 2002 Grady White 300 Marlin Wed. Boat is in great condition. Lots of room with the 10'7" Beam and 30' length. The gen set and ac option should help keep the cabin cool. Fished her yesterday with 6 guys and had plenty of room. :1992_beer_cheer: Pics to come. Thanks guys for your input and advice. :605_thumbs_up:

Congratulations on a great choice. I know a boat salesman who has access to most the popular brands in that size, and he says that is one of the best riding hull designs on the water. Waiting for pictures.

Congratulations on a great choice. I know a boat salesman who has access to most the popular brands in that size, and he says that is one of the best riding hull designs on the water. Waiting for pictures.

She is a solid ride thats for sure. She has a few hours on the F225s, 1200 to be exact but they run great. Boat does not show her age and use. I am in love.

140.jpg

144.jpg

Me at the helm. Boy she rides good.

149.jpg

My old man sipping his coffe.

153.jpg

The Crystal Clear Emerald Blue Destin Waters in the pass

162.jpg

176.jpg

Me at the Helm.