Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

That was your second chance

So, I had issues with a fishing buddy a few months ago. He kneeled and kissed ass, so I made nice. Set up a trip to take my boat out today, with my kids, and catch croaker.

yeah, no. 0600 I call him. "I didn't get enough sleep, can we postpone?"

you. You lost your second chance.

But now I had a problem. I woke my kids up at 0600 promising them a day fishing.

So we hit a local pond, rented a jon boat, and caught little fish.

Havin a snack

100_0002.jpg

Electric motor hauling ass

100_0005.jpg

I caught a bass!!!!!

100_0006.jpg

100_0009.jpg

100_0010.jpg

100_0017.jpg

This goose swam right up to the boat, looking ready for a hand out.

100_0020.jpg

Salvaged the day and spent quality time with my kids. The boy is about as hardcore as they come and can spend an entire day fishing. Good kid.

Number one is very proud he learned to lip a bass. Mama is out of town....called after we got home. He went on and on about how big the bass's mouth was and that he could stick his finger in it's mouth....

This is great stuff!!! :D

These memories will last so much longer than with a so called fishing buddy.

Really make the guy suck up....if there's a next time.

A few weeks ago I took a buddy out for a day of fluke fishing at Sandy Hook NJ. Did not start well, and did not end well.

1) - He showed an hour late.

2) - I bought breakfast.

3) - I bought Bait

4) - I paid for fuel.

5) - After an hour of some good fishing and great weather (less than 1 foot seas), he started complaining about being sea sick.

6) - Carried on about being sick until I had to bring him back to the dock so he can go home.

7) - Never rec'd a phone call / email / smoke signal thanking me or apologizing for the day.

He never reached into his pocket once that day, I am suprised he didnt send me a bill for his gas and tolls for the day.

Holy cr*p, I wish someone would call me out of the blue and invite me out for a day of fishing.

Need to find new fishing buddies.

Scott

A few weeks ago I took a buddy out for a day of fluke fishing at Sandy Hook NJ. Did not start well, and did not end well.

1) - He showed an hour late.

2) - I bought breakfast.

3) - I bought Bait

4) - I paid for fuel.

5) - After an hour of some good fishing and great weather (less than 1 foot seas), he started complaining about being sea sick.

6) - Carried on about being sick until I had to bring him back to the dock so he can go home.

7) - Never rec'd a phone call / email / smoke signal thanking me or apologizing for the day.

He never reached into his pocket once that day, I am suprised he didnt send me a bill for his gas and tolls for the day.

Holy cr*p, I wish someone would call me out of the blue and invite me out for a day of fishing.

Need to find new fishing buddies.

Scott

Glad to know someone feels my pain.

:1992_beer_cheer:

Fishing with your children had to be more fun then dealing with your ungrateful so called friend .......

I got a fishing buddy my wife refers to as my "fishing wife", he calls & we are gone for hours ........

He never ask me to take out the garbage or rearrange the living room furniture either -

And if we are not fishing we are checking out tackle shops .......

Besides he's a first rate chef, a damn good mechanic & a great angler ......

Jamisjockey, you need to get a " fishing wife " - I think he has a brother ???? ............ :rolleyes: .......... ICM