Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

275 Verado Problem

Ok, its sunday have wife 15 month old daughter wifes friend and her 18 month old in boat headed to local sand bar. Cruise is going well, going to slow down for a no wake zone and as I am slowing down stb motor acts like it ran out of fuel (tank is full)......... Turns over but wont fire up. Thankfully we have 2 motors- day was great with the haunting though of the other motor dying... Any thoughts? I went to move the boat today (two days sitting) and stb motor fired up ran for 1-2 min and then shut down..... Any ideas???

its most likely your FSM.

Needs to be replaced on both motors.

You can thank ethanol for your problem.

lots of info on veradoclub.com

There are 3 generations of FSM's so far. make sure you get the latest one. Although, I still don't think its ethanol proof.

There is a fix you can do by mounting a fuel bulb on your fuel line. So when you Do have the problem.

(and its not "IF" its "WHEN") then you can pump the fuel bulb and get home.

Here is a thread that discusses the emergency fix. http://www.veradoclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=1044.0

its most likely your FSM.

Needs to be replaced on both motors.

You can thank ethanol for your problem.

lots of info on veradoclub.com

There are 3 generations of FSM's so far. make sure you get the latest one. Although, I still don't think its ethanol proof.

There is a fix you can do by mounting a fuel bulb on your fuel line. So when you Do have the problem.

(and its not "IF" its "WHEN") then you can pump the fuel bulb and get home.

Here is a thread that discusses the emergency fix. http://www.veradoclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=1044.0

Thanks for the heads up!! I will ck out the web site as well.

Fuel Supply Module I believe.

From what I understand (and I'm not verado mechanic by any stretch), there is a little float/valve that controls the fuel flow.

Ethanol warps this float, and it can't slide up and down like it should.

Then it gets stuck in the position that tells the engine it has fuel, when in fact, the fuel is shut off.

The result being, you have 100 gallons of gas in the tank, but your engine is starving for fuel.

Fuel Supply Module I believe.

From what I understand (and I'm not verado mechanic by any stretch), there is a little float/valve that controls the fuel flow.

Ethanol warps this float, and it can't slide up and down like it should.

Then it gets stuck in the position that tells the engine it has fuel, when in fact, the fuel is shut off.

The result being, you have 100 gallons of gas in the tank, but your engine is starving for fuel.

Thanks