Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

ChrisCraft Concept Cuddy 27 Volvo 5.7 efi? Opinions wanted

Can anyone give me any information on a ChrisCraft Concept Cuddy 27 feet with twin 5.7 Volvo efi's?

My neighbor just asked me to go look at the boat, and he is considering making an offer. Offer will be contingent on a hull and engine survey, as well as sea trial.

Asking 19,600. Boat looks solid, and well kept.

Can anyone give me any information/watch outs on the Hull and the Volvo's?

What year? My '96 Concept 19 bowrider had numerous gel coat issues. I've seen better Bayliners in that regard. Also, kinda nose heavy, would not really get up and fly. But that issue may have been limited to the 19. My Volvo was a Ford block with carb. That may have been the best part of the boat. Well, that and the uphostery. All to be taken with a grain of salt, I've never even seen the 27 cuddy. For good comparisons try Chaparral and Regal.

Kelly Cook

What year? My '96 Concept 19 bowrider had numerous gel coat issues. I've seen better Bayliners in that regard. Also, kinda nose heavy, would not really get up and fly. But that issue may have been limited to the 19. My Volvo was a Ford block with carb. That may have been the best part of the boat. Well, that and the uphostery. All to be taken with a grain of salt, I've never even seen the 27 cuddy. For good comparisons try Chaparral and Regal.

Kelly Cook

thanks Kelly,

boat just went under contract, so I think my friend will miss on this one. Lots of boats out there though

Thanks