Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Topwater Reds - 7/5 .......

When to a secret spot that is right on the ICW, only played with 3 Reds, all on Topwater, all released ........

The biggest was over slot while the other 2 might have won a tournament .........

Could have caught more, but didn't want to beat up this school or let on that we were catching Reds to the passing boats ...........

Besides the big wakes left my passing boats were becoming unbearable ....

Almost forgot to mention, David C out fished me today 2 to my 1 - again !..... :2403_worshipper:

Nice talking to Jay " Bird " - sunning himself on the beach like a tourist :2261_high: when there are fish to be caught ! .......... ICM

post-3839-1246818588_thumb.jpg

post-3839-1246818599_thumb.jpg

post-3839-1246818611_thumb.jpg

Way to go Billy!!!!

Did you catch them any place I might know?

Ed ......New spot - when back on Wed without a hook - up.........

My buddy Ray when back after dropping me off & had a great time catching chopper Blues on top water ..........

Getting some good intel on some other spots to try .........

Ed when are you coming back to the beach ???? .......... ICM

Billy,

Will be back down next Friday for 10 days. I will ping you next week and we can go and hunt them down. Got my pole for the skiff and a poor man's power pole. Can't wait to go again.

Ed have you considered Sail fishing ???

On Tues 7/21 we are having a meeting with a guest speaker Capt. Lee Parsons on Sailfishing with Ballyhoo & Circle hook rigging at Masonboro Yacht Club - give me a call if you want to go .......

Capt Eddie Haneman Tournament will be the following weekend - I am going to fish it .......

Last year I think 27 Sails were caught & released in 2 days, less then 20 miles off the hill.....

Found a new spot not far from where we fished ......... I am ready & rigged to get on them ........

Put some friends from Saltwater Marine ( Mark & JR ) on some Reds Sat. & they out fished me with Gulp on a 1/4 oz. jig head - 15 to none .........

And I refused to stoop that low, stayed with a Nemire Ripper, gold spoon & SkitterWalker top water - did manage 1 monster Pinfish on the top water ...... ICM

Ed have you considered Sail fishing ???

On Tues 7/21 we are having a meeting with a guest speaker Capt. Lee Parsons on Sailfishing with Ballyhoo & Circle hook rigging at Masonboro Yacht Club - give me a call if you want to go .......

Capt Eddie Haneman Tournament will be the following weekend - I am going to fish it .......

Last year I think 27 Sails were caught & released in 2 days, less then 20 miles off the hill.....

Found a new spot not far from where we fished ......... I am ready & rigged to get on them ........

Put some friends from Saltwater Marine ( Mark & JR ) on some Reds Sat. & they out fished me with Gulp on a 1/4 oz. jig head - 15 to none .........

And I refused to stoop that low, stayed with a Nemire Ripper, gold spoon & SkitterWalker top water - did manage 1 monster Pinfish on the top water ...... ICM

Billy,

Let me know where and what time the meeting will be on the 21st. We have company that week, and my wife's birthday is on Sunday of the tournament, so I won't be able to fish it. Looking forward to going drum fishing. How about this Friday?

If you want to learn about Sail Fishing Techniques & Ballyhoo Circle Hook Rigging ........

Capt. Lee Parsons

will be our Guest Speaker on

Tues., July 21 at 6: 00 PM

Masonboro Yacht Club & Boatyard

We will be serving food $5. per meal.

And there will be a Jigging Rod Raffle as well as a 50/50 Raffle.

All are welcomed .....

PM me if your interested in attending or have questions ...... Thanks ...... ICM

The Eddie Haneman Tournament entry forms & info will be available ........

Ed looking forward to Fri - got some really good intel last night about a new area for Reds ....ICM