Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

AMH Sales

AMH being Donzi/Proline. Does anyone out there have an idea who the new owners are? It would be very interesting to know. I've heard Lauderdale people. Know anything Wiley?

Forgive me for jumping in.

I dont frequent Wiley's forum as much as I should. For that I apologize. It's a real good site, I like Wiley, and I'd like to visit more.

Yes, it's been going on for months and the deal was closed several weeks ago.

All management except for the operating stockholder was kept in place. Lee has left and will be missed. He brought alot to our party, was a very good C.E.O., and a very good friend.

Overall, we're quite pleased with all that has occured.

We've seen better times in our industry. Had to make some very tough choices over the last year or so. Very difficult and heartfelt decisions. But, the fact of life as we're living it in these times demand such choices in order to stay in business, not go out.

We,ve taken a very lean and mean posture for almost a year now. We fully intend to stay the course. We also fully intend to stay around.

We're a privately held company. The release that was issued is as far as it's going unless we recieve other instructions.

The very imporatnt thing is the fact that all management is in place, except for Lee, same happy faces that have been around our company for a long time.

At the risk of being a little self horn blowing, our management team is the best that there is. There is no better. We're quite pleased with all that has ocurred.

Wiley, I promise you I'll stop by every once in a while and bore some folks, Ok?

THANKS FOR THE GREAT FORUM, BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL!

Mike Carrigan

PRO-LINE BOATS

Mike,

I've driven by the plant several times now and my "demo" 24ss with twins has not been left outside the fence. I promise I will treat it right in the year or two that I demo it and see if I want to buy it. :1143_neener_neener_neener:

You and I are going to make a deal that cant be refused.

Bob, our head of security is a retired Philly cop, and also a very good friend of mine.

Often, I'll go to a PHILLY CHEESE STEAK place on 44, buy Bob a Cheese steak.

So, here's what we're going to do.

While Bob is chowing down, I'll hook you up, you haul tail over to Melborne to CASTAWAYS, our dealer there, they'll give us cash for the boat, we split, Ok?

If it works, lets do it again.

Believe me, most of us are old guys.

At lunch time, lots of guys taking naps.

Mike

I bought my Trophy from Castaways. Doug is a nice guy. They also have a blue 24SS with twin 150 Zukes that I would buy in a heart beat if I was a little less financially responsible.

Cheese Steak is no big deal. I have friends in Philly. Ask the guard if he like Geno's or Pat's. And there is a pretzel place there that is to die for. Can't recall the name.

You and I are going to make a deal that cant be refused.

Bob, our head of security is a retired Philly cop, and also a very good friend of mine.

Often, I'll go to a PHILLY CHEESE STEAK place on 44, buy Bob a Cheese steak.

So, here's what we're going to do.

While Bob is chowing down, I'll hook you up, you haul tail over to Melborne to CASTAWAYS, our dealer there, they'll give us cash for the boat, we split, Ok?

If it works, lets do it again.

Believe me, most of us are old guys.

At lunch time, lots of guys taking naps.

Mike

I bought my Trophy from Castaways. Doug is a nice guy. They also have a blue 24SS with twin 150 Zukes that I would buy in a heart beat if I was a little less financially responsible.

Cheese Steak is no big deal. I have friends in Philly. Ask the guard if he like Geno's or Pat's. And there is a pretzel place there that is to die for. Can't recall the name.

Doug is no longer with them.

I HATE THAT!

A longtime friend, a great PRO-LINE guy.

Business, as it is, well, Ok, thats what happens.

Doug is, I think, selling cars, wholesale and retail.

I miss him alot.

A very good friend, but WOW, can he drive a perfectly sane person over the cliff.

Bob and his brother Greg, are still our largest unit volume dealer anywhere.

Yes, we sure miss Doug though.

Mike

I understand. In the last year I have had to put half of my people in the unemployment line. Two were there over twenty years and one over 30. It is very painfully but I'm the third generation to run the business and I want to make sure we survive so that my son can take the helm some day.

Business, as it is, well, Ok, thats what happens.

Mike