Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Flying fish MY INVENTTION COLORS /COLORS

First of all thank you for waiting I'm ready to start getting them out just as in all new things I have been working on colors, eyes and more. I really want to get some out before the big weekend. Here is what you get these are not painted, these are my mix all the way through is the color with just a clear coat over it. Holographic eyes, 325 Lb. wire one piece. Stainless steel wings,( 2700 PSI 75D body )comes with a double mustad short shank XXX strong hook. Note these are not totally perfect, if you are comparing to factory run lures. Everyone is hand made by me. Fishnutz has some more painted color schemes. 14.99 each 2.00 shipping there are PICS of how they run in the sportfishing form 903 701 5252 or crash1371@aol.com You can cast it, troll it or the Kite here is Fishnutz quote

I got out this past Sunday and gave them their first test.......they pulled awesome! trolling 5-8 knots, the commotion was excellent-about twice the wake of pulling a sea witch, and when they come out of a wave they look great...they were getting "jumps" of 5' give or take. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue/white or it ain't right

black/red will knock them dead

black/purple flying through the ripple

Florescent Pink/white from a kite

Florescent green/chartreuse you snooze you lose

post-1969-1246408258_thumb.jpg

post-1969-1246408280_thumb.jpg

post-1969-1246408297_thumb.jpg

Tim- I just got the second bunch of these....they look great- I love the eyes! I'm planning to put some fish in the boat with them this weekend.

The wings on these are a great concept- When a flying fish "flies" all you see is a blur of motion at the pectorals. These give an excellent illusion of that.

OMG, those are beautiful. Looks like jewlery to this lady. Let's hope the fish think the same thing. ;):)

Thanks LadyFish Just remember I can match your lipstick your purse and shoes with your lure :605_thumbs_up: This is fish candy the flying fish is one of the food chain for pelagic fish we Matched the hatch

Thanks Hotspot

Here's some more info that I wrote about our trip on another thread:

Also had some great fishing. Friday morning was a little bumpy (3-4's), but it calmed down to 2's later in the day and Saturday was just plain beautiful! flat, calm water, cooler temps, and the fish were cooperating both days. I got a good chance to test out Tim W's flying fish lures, too. I was running my spread with 3 islanders (blue/white) and two flying fish lures (blue/white and pink/white). The hookups were pretty evenly distributed across the spread. (9 Dolphin on Islanders and 6 on flying fish lures) and I DON'T have to rig Ballyhoo on the flying fish! YEAH!