Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

1980's 25' Wellcraft Coastal Opinions?

I don't have any first hand knowledge of them but you might have a better shot over at the wellcraftv20.com page as there are a couple people on there who have moved up to them. From all the stuff I have seen on them they sound like pretty good hulls but just like any other 30 year old boat you need to take a look at the deck, transom, stringers, etc. The sweet thing about them is there isn't another 25 footer out there that can sleep 4 like the wellcrafts can.

-Svence

post-2288-1246420745_thumb.jpgpost-2288-1246420556_thumb.jpg"I didn't take your handle" is most likely right. I have an 82' Wellcraft Offshore 248. It's a great boat, but .......

It took awhile to get there. Most of the boats built in the 80's used poor quality plywood in the transom. Add transducers, swim platforms, trim tabs and so on you get lots of water soaking into the core. Who would have thought a fool would keep using a boat that was 25 + years old. They wanted to sell you a new one once in a while. I bet a lot of boats built in 2000's wont' be around that long. Anyway see my tribulations. http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?...=696&page=1

post-2288-1246420523_thumb.jpg