Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lifetime (Plastic) Storage Shet

Anybody have any expierence with them? My offer was just accepted on a new construction property. I will need a small storage shed to store the lawn care stuff. I was looking at the 8' x 10' lifetime shet. It's $1100. Didn't have any local to look at. Seems to me plastic would be the best thing as it would not rust or rot. Any advice?

Thanks,

Gary

Your link to Lifetime is broken.

I have had two different plastic sheds. First one was a Rubbermaid brand, "Big Max" model. It actually held up rather well, except when Hurricane Charley paid a visit. It blew apart. After gathering pieces from various neighbors' yards, I reassembled it, and it held up well for another 3 or 4 years. After reassembly, I sunk a few ground anchors on both sides and strapped it down with two heavy-duty ratchet straps across the roof. Never had another problem, despite two more 'canes that summer.

Second one was made by Black and Decker. Not as sturdy as the Rubbermaid, but acceptable. Gave it the same straps-across-the-roof treatment and had no problems.

Only reason I ditched both of them was because I replaced them with a much larger and sturdy permanent shed.

I went with two rubbermaid sheds, both the same size. They just allow my lawn tractor to drive in, and on a good day, I can get out without bruising myself. The roof is in two sections, the rear fixed and the front laps it and slides back so the tractor can be driven in. The second shed holds my push mower and other lawn crud, just bought it to match the other. I could have gotten one larger shed, but figured that I would have to take the mower out to get at the other stuff, so this works out pretty well.