Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

NEW BOAT!

Well, we started about a year and a half ago buying our first boat in several years. I had made a few geographical moves and with a busy job and approaching retirement we figured we would wait untill the time was right and get back on the water again. The first boat was a Renken CC, about 18.5' with a Yamaha 85. It was a craigslist special that served us well, and with some labor and a few parts replaced it was sold to buy the next boat. That was a KeyWest 2020 DC that was also off craigslist. Agood buy I couldn't pass up. We kept it for almost a year and just sold it, realizing that the fishing we were doing justified a larger boat. Also one we could overnight in. While owning the KW, I looked for a flats boat and bought this BlueFin aluminum runabout, also off craigs. We sold the KeyWest and traded the BlueFin in on our latest and hopefully last boat for a while. Here is a pohotobucket link....we are really excited and will be going out this Sunday!

http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll422/t...KeyWest%202300/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooooooohooooo....................hope you enjoy it :1992_beer_cheer:

I have a case of 3 foot-itis so bad right now that I can't hardly stand it. But the steel biz is still kind of shaky and a new boat is not the most financially responsible thing I could do right now.

Thanks for all the kind posts..seems as if the port motor is in need of a waterpump, so time to get with Andy and order up a pair of them. Just did lower unit oil, new Yamaha 10 micron fuel/water seperators, new Yamaha oil filters, Castrol Syntec sythetic oil, new plugs....so guess the impellers were bound to be next!!

Doesn't seem like these motors like to run on muffs, either. I need to get the two eared kind with water flowing to each side. I may have scorched the impellers myself by using my old muffs.... :unsure: