Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

evinrude e-tec

Thinking of repowering my 17' Action Craft. Want a 115 hp. 2 stroke? 4 stroke? I'm kind of leaning toward a 115 Yamaha 2 stroke for weight purposes. Anyone know of any good deals going on. I live in North Florida and can travel to anywhere in the state or to Georgia. Would like some feedback on the E-Tec's

Thinking of repowering my 17' Action Craft. Want a 115 hp. 2 stroke? 4 stroke? I'm kind of leaning toward a 115 Yamaha 2 stroke for weight purposes. Anyone know of any good deals going on. I live in North Florida and can travel to anywhere in the state or to Georgia. Would like some feedback on the E-Tec's

Well I live in New Jersey, but moving to Florida. I have a 2007 150 E-Tec powering my 22 CC and absolutely love it. The thing literally 'sips' gas. Never a problem, what-so-ever! I (obviously) would recommend the E-tec. Don't know anything about of the Yamaha, but everyone I know that has recently re-powered, tells me that they wish they would have gone with an E-tec. The engine makes hardly any noise and no maintenance is required for three years. I understand there are some good deals on E-tec, as well as all brands.

Good luck on your re-power, which ever you choose....

Rick (Kap-Six)

The 115 e-tec is a a very good engine. a freind of mine has one on the same model boat as i have and i have a 115 yamaha 4 stroke .His boat has much more low end and about 3 mph on top end than mine. Gas usage is about the same which is very good.

I also have the 130 hp yamaha 2 stroke which is the same as the the 115 2 stroke yamaha with 15 more hp. They are a very good engines but are noisier,smokier,and use about 35 % more gas & a good bit more oil.

good luck with your choice

On that boat the Etec 115 HO version, more HP - sleek Lighning gear case and the ability to run 100/1 oil ratio should be a no brainer.

As far as motors I don't think you'll find a left over as that model is new - you can call my buddies in Tarpon Springs 727 938 9796 they'll work as slim as possible since your sort of a gravy deal they normally wouldn't get. Tell'em I said to sharpen the pencil - some new rebates out too, rigging one and something else.

On that boat the Etec 115 HO version, more HP - sleek Lighning gear case and the ability to run 100/1 oil ratio should be a no brainer.

As far as motors I don't think you'll find a left over as that model is new - you can call my buddies in Tarpon Springs 727 938 9796 they'll work as slim as possible since your sort of a gravy deal they normally wouldn't get. Tell'em I said to sharpen the pencil - some new rebates out too, rigging one and something else.

Now I know why you always talk good about the the e-tecs dog! :1143_neener_neener_neener: Me personally I would stay away from the e-tec but that is just my opinion!

E-Tec is the best. I have a 90HP 2009 I purchased last year. Winterizing is a snap and it started right up this spring. It's quiet and sips gas. My Brother-in-law has a 115 Yamaha 2008 and he had a strick break in. Required to run 2000 RPM for a few hours then 3000 RPM for a few more hours, something like that. No such this with the E-Tec but I was gentle with it the first couple times out. He had to service the Yamaha after a few hours where the E-Tec has no service for three years. The Yamaha is heavier, has more moving parts. E-Tec is a great motor. You won't be sorry.

Bought my 90 E-tec in 2005. 300 hour check showed no problems. It's still pushing my panga at 29 knots WOT, not that I do that very often because and I really like the fuel economy at 22 knots.