Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

ReelBoating on Twitter

What is Twitter?

Compliments of Wikipedia:

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read each others' updates, known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters, displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to other users - known as followers - who have subscribed to them. Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow open access. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications. The service is free over the Internet, but using SMS may incur phone service provider fees.

I've had an account there since it was new, but I just don't "get it" :471_confused_face::504_shrugging: and haven't used it for a long while. I'll stick to Facebook.

One day I set up an account on Facebook just to see what all the "hubub" was about. The next day I had 37 emails from Facebook in my personal email account. Closed the Facebook account immediately. The last thing I need is additional communication venues. I won't be twittering or tweeting anytime soon. However, I realize that lots of people do and it will probably help RB grow.

So if you send out tweets, does that make you a twit?

Big Al

• 3 weeks later...
I met some friends the other day and we made eye contact while we talked to each other FACE TO FACE!!!

We called it a "Conversation"

Freakin unbelievable how it works!!

I think it's going to catch on around the country, hell maybe even the world!

Kinda neat how that works.......... :605_thumbs_up: