Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

21 SteigerCaft, Maiden Voyage -prop question

So i finally got to get the boat on the water for a serious run, and I loved it. Tabs will be great (I will install next weekend).

I wonder if anyone could weight in on my prop question

Currently running a 13-3/4 x 17 stainless steel prop (three blased) on a 21 foot steiger craft.

Half tank of gas (30 gallons) 260 lbs of gear. Runs at 4800 RPMs and 38 mph (gps) wide open.. I have no idea what the yamaha is speced to run at WOT, and I cannot find anything online.

Engine is a 1993 Yamaha 2 stroke 150 HP. The regular version of this boat weighs about 2100 lbs. This is a comercial version, but I don't know how many lbs that should add to the boat

First time out, and it felt great to me (though tabs are going to make it perfect), but I thought I would see around 6000 rpm. Engine didn't feel like it was bogged down at all.

Anyone have any insights or suggestion?