Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Thinking of a winter home in northern Florida

Menzies

Mostly for the winter . . . staying in NC and Canada during the summer

TimTexas

Thanks for the contact

kylesdad

Thanks for the head's up on St Augustine . . . will look in thoese other areas

stevek185

Good stuff, thanks

Bob's Cay

Thanks Bob

EVERYONE

THANKS for pointing me in the right direction.

Much appreciated

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in St. Augustine but dont think it will fit your criteria. You won't get anything with a dock in that price range(except a doublewide on a canal in treasure beach 7 or 8 miles from the inlet). The best blue water trolling is 50+ miles offshore. Bottom fishing can be great in closer but with the red snapper closure who knows? In the late fall and winter the weather can be cold and windy. Some months you may only get 4 or 5 days where the weather will allow you to fish.

Palm Coast does have very affordable homes on canals. The big problem is you will have a 25+ mile ride to the inlet(ponce to the south or st augustine to the north). You will also have the cold windy weather and the long ride out once you have cleared the inlet.

Palm beach county would be a good choice. Granted you are not in North Florida but the weather can be 20+degrees warmer at night and 10-15 degrees warmer in the daytime. Definitely not too hot in the fall and winter. Clear the inlet and go 1 or 2 miles and you are in 100+ feet of water with lines in the water. Even if the wind is blowing 15-20 you can still fish since you don't have to go very far.

Another option might be fort pierce. (hutchinson island, jenson beach)

I see what you're doing, trying to flip him over to us so he doesn't land next to you. :1925_::lol:

You won't get anything in PBC in the $250000 range on the water except a condo here and there. If you want to fish offshore, we're good. Also as a jump off to the Bahamas. But inshore, lets just say there ain't much.

Chips Ahoy Auguste and family! Maybe, look here: Amelia Island, Florida USA, maybe.

If, I may be of service or help, please contact me.

Good Luck. Hope this helps.

Enjoy your journey,

Auguste, My neighbor just went under contract yesterday on a 4bdr 2bth house 1900sg ft under air on a canal direct to the Banana River for 200k. It needs updating and landscaping, but has a new seawall and a dock. I don't think you'll find anything like that anywhere else in Florida. Good Luck with your search!

p.s. Here is a map of the house he just bought. It is on the corner of Davis and Banana River Dr.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&...1&encType=1

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&...9&encType=1

Hi Auguste,

I'm a real estate consultant that specializes in waterfront homes in Martin and St. Lucie County. I'm in Stuart, Palm City, Jensen Beach, and Port St. Lucie every day and have a very good sense of what the waterfront market is offering there.

An example of the current market: I just put some European clients into their first waterfront home in Port St Lucie this month. The home is 3 bedroom, 3 full baths, 2 car garage, impact hurricane glass windows, granite counter tops with stainless appliances in the kitchen, home generator, a pool, on 85' of waterfront with a dock and a 12,000 lb. boat lift for $279,000.

This is just one example, but as you can tell, there are some incredible waterfront opportunities currently in Southeast Florida that are not in big crazy cities like Miami.

Give me a call at your earliest convenience and we can discuss what you might be looking for. I'll also be happy to give you full access to a special program I have for my buyers. My direct line is (772)834-0590, or you can contact me at Dave-Gates@comcast.net .

Thank you,

Dave