Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat Name/Graphics

Hello all,

I figure its time to put a name to the boat and we are trying to decide on just the name or a little artistic design to go along with it.

The name we pretty much have come up with so far is "The Bright Side Of Life" or "The Bright Side"

The boat is a cat and visibility from the rear is limited due to motors. Still not sure if the name will be on the transom or on both sides. I am thinking full size transom and a couple smaller placards mounted on the sides of the hard top. That way when its time to resell, removal is easy for the next guy.

What I am asking the esteemed membership here is some ideas on graphics design to accompany the name itself. I kind of like the idea of something more than just letters. Nothing too far out there but something maybe something to add some color and style to it. THis of course will need to be something that can be duplicated as a decal.

Just a little backround on our style; We do a lot of fishing but are not what I would call real serious fishermen/women(yet). We do a bit of cruising around as well. We are into the laid back enjoy the scenery sort of thing. We spend a lot of time close offshore and in the back bays. It is a dual console cat boat and is all white with the factory blue and gold decal stripes on the sides.

So, if any of you folks are good with design, maybe even have the programming to make something up, your help would be hugely appreciated. If any of you are marine graphics makers, even better as I will of course need someone to purchase this from when we decide. I will have to do some measuring when the time comes for exact sizes.

If this works right, there will be a picture of the side graphics showing up here

Thanks in advance!!!

post-2392-1245344751_thumb.jpg

The thing about putting images into a name is that they can make the name difficult to read from any distance. The example above surely would be fine at the dock but if you're trying to make out the name through binoculars in a roll, it would look like The I Bright Side or something. There's also a competing manufacturer's logo on the rear quarter taking up room. Would that stay?

The thing about putting images into a name is that they can make the name difficult to read from any distance. The example above surely would be fine at the dock but if you're trying to make out the name through binoculars in a roll, it would look like The I Bright Side or something. There's also a competing manufacturer's logo on the rear quarter taking up room. Would that stay?

I can see your point....here's a way to compensate:

post-1722-1245372830_thumb.jpg