Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Mercury 115 ?

1991 Mercury OK I changed out the lower unit and the one I got shifts and works great water pump works I went to try it out today with my 2 boys and noticed a lot of water coming from under the cowling in the front never seen that before? I took off the cowling to look but I did not find where it was coming from and # 2 I did see water squirt at the top of the head gasket any Ideas It powers right up on plane where is all of this water coming from Thanks Tim

I'm guessing when you say that you saw "spray on the cylinder head", you meant that there was evidence water had hit the head; not that water was comming out of the head.

If all you did was change the lower unit, I'm guessing it's one of two things.

First, when you install the lower unit, along with the driveshaft and gearchange, there is a round water pipe. This pipe, via a replacable coupler, must engage the round pipe comming down from the power head. This pipe is the output of the waterpump. If for whatever reason, both pipes aren't seated in the coupler correctly, or the coupler is missing, water would be spraying everywhere.

The second posibility is that you knocked the pee streem hose off the through cowling fitting, the fitting dropped off (Into the water), and now the pee strean hose is loose under the cowling.....

The water leak up top is the gasket the other about the water tube here you speak of

First, when you install the lower unit, along with the driveshaft and gearchange, there is a round water pipe. This pipe, via a replacable coupler, must engage the round pipe comming down from the power head. This pipe is the output of the waterpump. If for whatever reason, both pipes aren't seated in the coupler correctly, or the coupler is missing, water would be spraying everywhere.

I need to check that on the other My pee tube was hooked up. Ranger88 thanks alot