Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

18' custom cat rehab

Well Ive been working on a catamaran rehab hope to be dunnnnnnnnn this week but I probably will need next weekend as well to work on her. To much time in the heat spent over an hour diagnosing why the tilt & trim wasn't working at the switch. checking the switch & relay box all connections only to realize that the wires from the switches to the harness had not been connected in the floor ugh. well heres some pics ill get some newer shots tonight or tomorrow.

I'm having problems with the attachment window so heres some pics the old fashioned way.

Pictureswebsite033.jpg

Pictureswebsite030.jpg

Pictureswebsite036.jpg

Pictureswebsite025.jpg

Pictureswebsite004.jpg

100_0875_edited.jpg

Picture20131.jpg

100_0874.jpg

100_0877.jpg

Well Ive been working on a catamaran rehab hope to be dunnnnnnnnn this week but I probably will need next weekend as well to work on her. To much time in the heat spent over an hour diagnosing why the tilt & trim wasn't working at the switch. checking the switch & relay box all connections only to realize that the wires from the switches to the harness had not been connected in the floor ugh. well heres some pics ill get some newer shots tonight or tomorrow.

I'm having problems with the attachment window so heres some pics the old fashioned way.

Pictureswebsite033.jpg

Pictureswebsite030.jpg

Pictureswebsite036.jpg

Pictureswebsite025.jpg

Pictureswebsite004.jpg

100_0875_edited.jpg

Picture20131.jpg

100_0874.jpg

100_0877.jpg

heres some new pics

Pictureswebsite042.jpg

Pictureswebsite047.jpg

Coming along, good luck with it. nice pics.

heres the latest pics from this morning

now Im waiting on the autotether & steering ram to show up cant decied what type of thru hull transducers to do I wish I could afford the tilted elements they would be the easiest to install & no worrys about knocking them off in the shallows.

yesterday when I got home from work all ready to be painted.

Pictureswebsite065.jpg

this morning when I left for work

Pictureswebsite066.jpg

Pictureswebsite070.jpg

Pictureswebsite071.jpg

Any up-date on your progress? And +1, should be a sweet fishing boat!

steering ram & the autotether. I got the ram installed but I need to install the autotether.

*** I ran into an issue with one of the motors i bielive it's an electrical gremlin. replaced the powerpack due to being told that was the issue with the motor. It wont idle & sometimes wont start at all. leave it sit & it will turn over get it to run for a few minutes at high idle it wont restart. I replaced the carbs with a spare set replaced the fuel pump plugs. compresion checked 120/115/120. it's getting spark intermitently.any ideas.

steering ram & the autotether. I got the ram installed but I need to install the autotether.

*** I ran into an issue with one of the motors i bielive it's an electrical gremlin. replaced the powerpack due to being told that was the issue with the motor. It wont idle & sometimes wont start at all. leave it sit & it will turn over get it to run for a few minutes at high idle it wont restart. I replaced the carbs with a spare set replaced the fuel pump plugs. compresion checked 120/115/120. it's getting spark intermitently.any ideas.

steering done, doing auto tether this afternoon. figured out the motor issue. I had a power pack replaced & the mechanic didnt get it grounded good. Oh wait im the mechanic :753_hammer_hitting_head: well the carbs are clean :605_thumbs_up: ill be water testing in the mornning.

took her out yesterday still have a couple of problems to work thru.

1-high speed jets on one of the motors need to be cleaned.

2-both motors need cables moved around on the shifters

3-I belive if I get ther cables corrected ill get the rpms up I dont belive im getting enough throtal on both motors.

4-new tachs showed up so install those.

good news when I did get her to plane she ran 28 at 3000 rpm on the flat icw. got to the inlet it was choppy 2 foot & very windy headed into the wind crossing the inlet. speed increased to 38 mph im thinking more lift from the wind :scratch:

all in all im very pleased I need to work out the motor kinks

took a couple of pics befor splashing just incase it sunk to the bottom

Pictureswebsite073.jpg

Pictureswebsite075.jpg

Pictureswebsite083.jpg

Pictureswebsite077.jpg

Pictureswebsite078.jpg

Pictureswebsite085.jpg