Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Reds in the suds ........

The last 2 days been back in the suds - with my buddy David C.

On Wed. afternoon get a call from David while in Tex's Tackle, asking me if I want to go for a boat ride & check out his new Garmin GPS/Sonar .

Rush home to change & grab a rod or two just in case .........

Cast netted some turbo Pogeys head to the spot -

Less then 5 minutes of anchoring up we both have caught & released 2 over slot Reds each -

then the bite stops ........

Back to the boat to fine turn the Garmin .......

On Thurs. afternoon get a call from David while at Home Depot asking me if I want to go for a boat ride - DeJa Vu - all over again .

Rush home to change & grab 3 rod this time, good thing because he forgot his big stick .

Cast netted some smaller Pogeys head to the spot & it's on again -

First cast 33" Red for me - I'm happy but the conditions are getting ugly .....

David continues to cast further then me with my rod & hooks up every time -

This is not good, so I load the Abu up throw into the wind & get the mother of all backlashes -

Game over for me, but not for David - all I could do was watch him catch Reds on almost every cast with my back up rod .

Back at the boat, I'm pulling up the anchor, he's gloating & saying stuff " like nice balanced rod..... you should get one ..... "

I could do nothing but smile, while plotting my revenge, with my head down I spot about a 40# Cobia swimming between us & the bank .........

Slip the anchor back over & tried to get him to take a boat ride with us, with everything he had -

Live Pogeys, cut Pogeys, free lined Pogeys, bottom rigged Pogeys & white bucktails - but sadly we never saw him again .

On the way back to the dock we see a partial floating 15' Sailboat with 2 boats & a group of people bailing her out .

We stop to help with the bailing, end up towing the Sailboat & her owner to a friends dock .

Thanks to all that had the good sense to aide a person in distress ............ ICM

Sorry - No picture from our super secret spot ........

The last 2 days been back in the suds - with my buddy David C.

On Wed. afternoon get a call from David while in Tex's Tackle, asking me if I want to go for a boat ride & check out his new Garmin GPS/Sonar .

Rush home to change & grab a rod or two just in case .........

Cast netted some turbo Pogeys head to the spot -

Less then 5 minutes of anchoring up we both have caught & released 2 over slot Reds each -

then the bite stops ........

Back to the boat to fine turn the Garmin .......

On Thurs. afternoon get a call from David while at Home Depot asking me if I want to go for a boat ride - DeJa Vu - all over again .

Rush home to change & grab 3 rod this time, good thing because he forgot his big stick .

Cast netted some smaller Pogeys head to the spot & it's on again -

First cast 33" Red for me - I'm happy but the conditions are getting ugly .....

David continues to cast further then me with my rod & hooks up every time -

This is not good, so I load the Abu up throw into the wind & get the mother of all backlashes -

Game over for me, but not for David - all I could do was watch him catch Reds on almost every cast with my back up rod .

Back at the boat, I'm pulling up the anchor, he's gloating & saying stuff " like nice balanced rod..... you should get one ..... "

I could do nothing but smile, while plotting my revenge, with my head down I spot about a 40# Cobia swimming between us & the bank .........

Slip the anchor back over & tried to get him to take a boat ride with us, with everything he had -

Live Pogeys, cut Pogeys, free lined Pogeys, bottom rigged Pogeys & white bucktails - but sadly we never saw him again .

On the way back to the dock we see a partial floating 15' Sailboat with 2 boats & a group of people bailing her out .

We stop to help with the bailing, end up towing the Sailboat & her owner to a friends dock .

Thanks to all that had the good sense to aide a person in distress ............ ICM

Sorry - No picture from our super secret spot ........

Nice report ICM