Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

How many miles are on your boat?

I was down on the Island yesterday putting in some new bottom

numbers, I have a Furuno 1900. I noticed my continual log of miles traveled

was 6,854. Just wondering about others out there. I was actually surprised

to see i averaged 1,200 miles per year. My boat is an 03

Big O

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Command Link gauge has a trip odometer and keeps track of total miles. I'm taking a guy for a demo ride in about an hour so I'll check it and report back. It also keeps track of total gallons of fuel used but I'm not gonna look at that one.

I met this guy on "another" boating site. He's local and is looking to buy a boat identical to mine. The dealer has no provision to do in water demos so I offered to take him out for a run on mine.

At just over $6000 for gas last year and around 1.2 NMPG average between fills and guessing maybe average price/gal somewhere around $4.20(?) last summer/fall, that would indicate around 1700 nmnlast season in spite of a bunch of downtime. I'd expect that was considerably lower than the average for the 13 yrs I've had the boat since that was the 1st year I hadn't used that boat for numerous tuna trips.