Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Mid 30' Convertible options

Seems like my dad is getting the bug for a Convertible in the 35' range. We know that we would not want a lower helm, want to keep it around a 2000 model year or newer and diesel of course.

We all like the layout of the Luhrs 36 Convertible, I know about the 41 thread and lower quality BUT it has a heck of a layout and love the stairs up to the bridge. From everything that I have read about the 36 it sounds like Luhrs did not skimp on the important structural stuff and below the water line. I also like the layout of the 37' Riviera but that is a little to much $$$, although the 36 Riviera Convertible is nice but looks like most of them have the lower helm.

Any other boats that you all can suggest along with the pros and cons. Price would probably be around $180k roughly.

• 1 month later...
Seems like my dad is getting the bug for a Convertible in the 35' range. We know that we would not want a lower helm, want to keep it around a 2000 model year or newer and diesel of course.

We all like the layout of the Luhrs 36 Convertible, I know about the 41 thread and lower quality BUT it has a heck of a layout and love the stairs up to the bridge. From everything that I have read about the 36 it sounds like Luhrs did not skimp on the important structural stuff and below the water line. I also like the layout of the 37' Riviera but that is a little to much $$$, although the 36 Riviera Convertible is nice but looks like most of them have the lower helm.

Any other boats that you all can suggest along with the pros and cons. Price would probably be around $180k roughly.

Silverton 35 Convert

Cabo 35 Flybridge

Ocean Yachts 40

Mustang M37 Aussie built similar to Riviera

and Henriqeus 35 Flybridge would be a quality choice sure