Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

River Marine Supply

I ordered a set of controls from River Marine Supply last week, and specified overnite shipping, and left instructions to call if there were any problems. The next day I get a call saying my item was out of stock and asking if I wanted them to refund the purchase to my card since they were not expecting more for another week. I thanked them and said I would take the refund. I was disappointed, but at least they did exactly what I asked. Within an hour, I got another call saying they were able to fill my order and my product was actually in the person's hand I was speaking with. The controls arrived the next morning. They had two different chances to either not care about my order, or to at a minimum, cost me another day or two. Since I was shipping to my rental house in the Keys while I am on vacation, I was impressed they took the time to make sure exactly what I asked for happened.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... if that is still the same owner, I would have a problem spending my money there being a LEO and knowing the history...

Can you share whats the story??? I've been there several times... at least at the counter, customer service is definitely not their strong point IMO.

Yes they have good prices on some things, and they have TONS of stuff around to look at.

I cant remember the name of the guy that seems to be running the show behind the counter, for some reason Oscar, cames to my mind but I

m not sure, he has a no-friends-face-and-attitude, but also seems to be very knowledgeable about their products and stock.

Hmmm.... if that is still the same owner, I would have a problem spending my money there being a LEO and knowing the history...

I've heard the history (chaos rod theft, etc.) but have yet to see anything more credible than hearsay. Even the owners of Chaos have come out and denied RMS's involvement.....being in LE, do you have an inside track on the truth in this? I've bought from them many times with all good experiences, but if I believed those rumors to be true.......

No inside story...I know the owner of River Marine Supply was arrested for Dealing in Stolen Property. I think the charges were eventually dropped before trial but that does not in and of itself mean that someone is NOT guilty. I refuse to spend my money with anyone with a questionable business habits.. I dont think it was Chaos stuff, It was some lights or something..

Criminal Justice and Civil Infraction Cases

COURT CASE: F06042648 State Case#: 132006CF0426480001XX

Name: CAPOTE, CARLOS DOB: 03/03/1953

Date Filed: 12/19/2006 Date Closed: 00/00/0000 Warrant Type:

Hearing Date: 01/08/2007 Hearing Time: 900 Hearing Type: A

Courtroom: REGJB-JUSTICE BUILDING, ROOM#:2-3

Address: 1351 N.W. 12 ST

Next Case:

Previous Case:

Judge: THOMAS, WILLIAM

Defense Attorney:

Bfile Section: F008 File Location: PREHEARING Box Number: -

Seq# Charge Charge Type Disposition

1 GRAND THEFT 3RD DEG FELONY

2 STOLEN PROP/DEAL IN FELONY

the charges were eventually dropped before trial but that does not in and of itself mean that someone is NOT guilty.

True, but the fact that someone is arrested doesn't mean they ARE guilty either. When charges are dropped without even a trial, it makes it look as if they may have lacked substance in the first place. A conviction of some kind would sure make it a little easier to tell.

If memory serves me correctly, he was captured on videotape, breaking into the place and with the stolen goods in has hands. I do not remember the details but I did SEE the video of 3 people breaking into the place and walking out with their arms full of stuff. The surveillance video was posted on numerous forums for all to see and some people chimed in that they recognized the guy and confirmed he was the guy from River Marine Supply and then when they researched the case - it was indeed the man.

I also do not wish to business with them because of this

If memory serves me correctly, he was captured on videotape, breaking into the place and with the stolen goods in has hands. I do not remember the details but I did SEE the video of 3 people breaking into the place and walking out with their arms full of stuff. The surveillance video was posted on numerous forums for all to see and some people chimed in that they recognized the guy and confirmed he was the guy from River Marine Supply and then when they researched the case - it was indeed the man.

I also do not wish to business with them because of this

That's what I remember also.

Barry