Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Key west 17'

Hello to all. Good to see a fresh new site in the boating forum community.

I recently obtained a 1989 key west 17 footer from a buddy of mine. Gave it to me actually. So i took it on as a project and plan to use it to hit up the reefs and do some spearfishing. I changed the 40 hp evinrude on it and got myself a yamaha c85, new wiring, lights, seats and cushions, etc. I have a few questions though and cant seem to find the answers to them. The gas tank is on the console and i dont know how many gallons it is. Is there wood in this boat? How well does it ride? Any answers or tips are greatly appreciated. Ill see if I post some pics later.

Andres

That key west should not have any wood in it. Look on the transom for a label that says "Klegcel - No-rot" (spelling?)

I'm not sure about the tank but i think its about 20 or 25 gallons.

Ive had one for years and its a great little boat, enjoy it.

That key west should not have any wood in it. Look on the transom for a label that says "Klegcel - No-rot" (spelling?)

I'm not sure about the tank but i think its about 20 or 25 gallons.

Ive had one for years and its a great little boat, enjoy it.

Thanks for the quick response! ill check tomorrow on the transom and see if i find that label although im pretty sure i dont remember seeing one. Any other replies are appreciated!

Thanks again,

Andres

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...