Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

I love my job

I am in boat sales. I recently acquired some new clients. They saw one of my 28 Southports and were very interested but they were not sure whether the 26 or 28 would suit them the best. So I offered to put both boats in the water to go for a sea trial.

10 am Saturday morning we threw the lines off of the 26 and headed out of Bay Bridge Marina. There was a little breeze but was relatively calm so we ran around to the Eastern Bay where there were numerous larger boats creating nice wakes. As soon as we hit some good size wakes my clients were all smiles. After sea trialing some other brands of boats they were amazed at how this boat handles and rides. We then went to their house to make sure we could get the boat on the lift and had no problem.

Coming back we went wide open throttle a couple of times and the smiles got bigger. We did find some rougher water and plowed right through it. We returned to the dock and they didn't even want to sea trial the 28 they were sold on the 26. Done Deal!

Since the 28 was in the water already on Sunday feeling sad for itself that nobody wanted to sea trial it I figured I should take it out. My wife and I spent all day cruising around St.Michaels and Kent Island. Overall had a pretty good weekend.

I don't care if you are in the market for a boat or not but if you get a chance to go for a ride on one jump on it. You'll be impressed.

Welcome to the site Mike. It really is great to have so many boats at your disposal in your position. I was hoping you guys would come by and pick me up this weekend to pull me away from my non-working Yamaha on my seacraft. I would have dived into your cooler head first :1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinkin