Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Dania Marine Flea Market

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather permitting perhaps we'll be there Sunday morning. Been many years since I've gone. Is it worth bringing the camera?

I wouldn't bring the camera unless you like taking photos of junk. :) It's definitely worth going to if you have a 5+ year old boat, you never know what you'll stumble across that you need, or didn't even realize you needed. If you are looking for newer gear, lines, fishing equipment, etc, sometimes you get lucky sometimes not so much, but it's more fun than buying on ebay at least.

When I was there last year I was looking at some engine cowls, bought dock lines, misc small items, some stainless parts I needed... a buddy got a good deal on a kite setup and some other assorted items.

I wouldn't bring the camera unless you like taking photos of junk. :) It's definitely worth going to if you have a 5+ year old boat, you never know what you'll stumble across that you need, or didn't even realize you needed. If you are looking for newer gear, lines, fishing equipment, etc, sometimes you get lucky sometimes not so much, but it's more fun than buying on ebay at least.

When I was there last year I was looking at some engine cowls, bought dock lines, misc small items, some stainless parts I needed... a buddy got a good deal on a kite setup and some other assorted items.

Thanks!

Might be a great opportunity to hand out some ReelBoating cards.

;)

I went this morning. It was the usual crowd and the usual amount of junk and decent items. I bought a few nick nacks....no patty wacks though. :)

Unfortunatly I went right after a big breakfast at like 9am so I wasn't in the beer drinking mood yet. I always like buying $5 beers from the hot Bud girls.

There were the usual hot "trophy wives" walking around too.

I was there Thursday. I never did get rained on.

It was OK. I found a bunch of things to buy. I got a sand anchor for my PWC that I may never even use - but it was only $5 so no harm done. I got a strainer that I do not even know if I need, for a buck.

Probably the best deal I found was a throw line in a bag for $10. Without measuring the line, I think it is 75 feet. There was even a stainless steel clip on one of the loops, and it seems to be new.

River Marine was selling rods for $5. A lot of them were damaged in some way, but if you looked through the pile there were some good ones there. I picked out two. I am thinking of filling one with some goop I have left over and making it a kite rod - but at it is now its a good two piece spinning rod. The other one is ready for a conventional reel.

The larger flea markets are always worth going to, as you never know what is there. I like to get there on the first day - if possible - because the really good stuff tends to get picked clean. Unless the vendors bring out more junk as the junk they have sells.

There is also a good deal of fishing gear, so if you need hooks, rigs, sinkers, swivels, and all that stuff you can load up.

I would say Dania Beach is worth going to. Be like the homeless and "borrow" a shopping cart from somewhere, as you never know what you will find.