Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Sold MY Boat!

Just two weeks ago I put my 2002 Key West 2020 DC up for sale. Through word of mouth a friends neighbor came by and made a deal! NADA listed it for around $12k. Because of the condition, I was able to get more. So now we are on the lookout for a newer 23'-24' WA. I can tow up to 6500# and will need a trailerable boat. The leaders so far are Sea Hunt, KW, Scout, Robalo. They have the size, but lighter weight hulls.

There are a ton of them for sale within 150 miles of the Tampa area, so will begin the process of seeing how well the owners want to deal.

I know Gus has a similar thread on his boat buying process. Mine will not use a broker. Or a surveyor. My sale should make up about half our budget. I hope to arrange a little financing and begin my search soon! Wish me luck... :605_thumbs_up:

Just two weeks ago I put my 2002 Key West 2020 DC up for sale. Through word of mouth a friends neighbor came by and made a deal! NADA listed it for around $12k. Because of the condition, I was able to get more. So now we are on the lookout for a newer 23'-24' WA. I can tow up to 6500# and will need a trailerable boat. The leaders so far are Sea Hunt, KW, Scout, Robalo. They have the size, but lighter weight hulls.

There are a ton of them for sale within 150 miles of the Tampa area, so will begin the process of seeing how well the owners want to deal.

I know Gus has a similar thread on his boat buying process. Mine will not use a broker. Or a surveyor. My sale should make up about half our budget. I hope to arrange a little financing and begin my search soon! Wish me luck... :605_thumbs_up:

The ball is in your court so use it to your advantage. Good luck!

Hey, Les...not too much activity, so I turned things over to Bob at AnglersEdgemarine. He just got everything listed yesterday. I won't need both sold to get the newer one, however. Yeah, Wiley, it seems as if a nice, clean, well presented boats will sell. I have a friend on another forum sell his KeyWest in just a few days as well! All is good.... :605_thumbs_up:

I second Mr Robalo!! Not sure I would call a Robalo a lite weight hull though; they are closer to tanks!!

The Robalo 225 I was researching using the Yamaha performance data showed that hull to be about 800# lighter than a Grady, Hydra Sports, Seaswirl & Wellcraft. But it is about 600 - 700# heavier than both the KW, Sea Hunt & Scout of comparable sizes.

One boat that has popped up so far is a Key West 2300 bluewater that has twin Yamaha 115 4 strokes. Since my previous boat was a KW, we are good with that. Reading posts on those motors, I see very little to indicate any problems. If anyone has that boat or boat/motor combo I sure would like to hear from you!