Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Wisdom Teeth

When I was a kid I had all 4 taken out in one day. The worst part was they were were still under the gum. To this day I still remember the surgeon digging away at the gums then pulling out the teeth. I was eating warm soup for 2 weeks.

Yes, salt water rinse with warm water.

Ya, all four of mine were under the gum. One of which was impacted and threatening my Mandible nerve which is why they said it was urgent for me to get it done, But I don't remember a thing they poured some powder under my tongue put a mask over my face and that all I remember till I got home.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Smurf ~ Hope by today the mouth is feelin' better and the warm water rinses are doin' the trick. The good news is - this too shall pass and pretty soon it'll all be a distant memory......albeit not a pleasant one. Ha!

Garett ~ YES - I DID have my top two taken out.....and YES......... welder is right <_< - a couple of FANGS took their place. I'm keepin' THEM, though!~ They're KOOL~~! :605_thumbs_up::P:2261_high:

Ya, all four of mine were under the gum. One of which was impacted and threatening my Mandible nerve which is why they said it was urgent for me to get it done, But I don't remember a thing they poured some powder under my tongue put a mask over my face and that all I remember till I got home.

Also my parents never told me what I was in for. I thought I was going in for a single extraction. If they would have told me I was getting 4 taken out, I never would have done it. I smelled a rat when I had to go to a oral surgeon instead of my regular dentist. I fixed them though, I didn't go to school for 2 weeks :P

I had all 4 done at once, the bottom 2 were impacted, and the top two basically wanted to stay where they were. The surgon actually had to rest his thumbs on my cheek bones to pry them out, so I had 2 black eyes for a week or so. Just keep everything clean and you should be fine. Make sure no food particles get hung up in the wholes.

I'm seeing a progression of difficulty here, so I might as well chime in with my little story of pain and misery.

I was in my late teens, it was summer, I was working full time for a summer job. I thought I was a cowboy and I could ride it out, but in actual fact I was an idiot that was a sucker for pain.

One morning I called Mon from work and said I don't care who you get but these wisdom teeth have got to go that morning. Fifteen twenty minutes later she calls back and said she found some quack that just rolled into town on a chuck wagon and he'll take me as soon as I get there. Off I went.

Four hours and forty-five minutes of sheer torture the three compacted teeth and one that wasn't even showing any signs of existence were out. No sedation, no gas, just local freezing. I remember the one tooth on the lower right took the dentist close to two hours to dig and pry out....he worked for his money on that bugger. He eventually got one of the waiting room chairs along with a couple of phone books to stand on to get a better advantage for more digging and prying. At one point he had three assistants holding my head and he had his knee on my chest.....I could feel my jaw bending big time and I thought it was going to break.

The following day I went back to work, but my boss said go home and don't come back until I could see......my face looked like I went 15 rounds with Rocky Marciano.

The two or three dry sockets I had paled compared to the extraction. I also remember being able to draw air through the hole in the upper R/S jaw where a wisdom tooth was with my mouth closed. Sure glad that day I had all four removed, because if not, I probably would have never gone back for the others. To this day I am very shy of the dentist chair.