Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Replacing the flooring in our home

I feel your pain as I am going thru this myself.

First the wife wanted a tile kitchen floor. I kept telling her it needed to be heated as we have a bi-level and the floor would be cold in the winter. I keep the heat low downstairs since I have a woodburner that we use when were home in the winter. She couldn't find a tile she liked and finally selected a sheet vinyl that actually looks very good, so I installed that about 1.5 months ago. 1/2 the kitchen was in the living room.

Now we're onto the carpeting. Stairs, living room, main hall and master bedroom. I moved everything out of the rooms. Surprisingly, our master actually fit into another bedroom with things piled on top and against each other. The living room is now mostly in the kitchen. I put the bedroom back together last night with the exception of the sliding closet doors. Today the living room and stairs get done, so tonight I get to move the living room back.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I finished up the shoe molding last night. One more weekend of this mess and we are done. Time to hit the coast!!!

Our house looks completely different, I am amazed.

We did experience some "scope creep" ended up painting a bedroom, cleaning out a bunch of old stuff from closets and storage areas, some new furniture, new LCD TV.

I need a stimulus.....

Something when the kids move out and Mama wants to redo the house. Sofar this year,my wife had me redo all outside flower beds which cost me over 2 grand in just plants and a week of labor.They it was a front bedroom,painting and new flooring. Man,talk about a ton of crap in there! Then there was one of the bathrooms redoing. Now with all this and me trying to rebuild one of my boats and now a new inground swimmingpool. WTF? Does it ever end?